WHO WE ARE
FTG - The Functional Training Gym is a community based gym located within The Sustainable City on Al Qudra road.
Our philosophy as a team is to deliver exercise in a way that optimises our clients day to day life. As suggested within our name we opt for the most functional methods of training within the different services we provide.
Since showing up can be the hardest part, we strive to make sure that everything else is taken care of by us. Visit us and you will see for yourself.
Come Visit Us!
Monday- Friday : 6 AM – 10 PM
Saturday - Sunday : 7 AM – 6 PM
FTG ensures that no data will be shared with any company or individual outside of our organization.
FTG receives, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, communications); payment details (including credit card information) where needed, comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons on which you are submitting data.
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
If you do not wish to share information with FTG anymore please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com
r site or what you do. Use this space to add information for your users, write about your philosophy or your journey and define your distinguishing qualities. Consider adding an image for extra engagement.
Terms & conditions Refund & Cancellation Policy
Membership Terms & Conditions
1. Your membership will begin on the day stated in the signup process and you will be permitted access from this date. These rules are supplemental to and shall be treated as forming part of your contract with us for the use of our facilities.
2. Your membership card will be allocated to you when you first visit an FTG site. You will need to bring this or another method of membership recognition with you every time you visit to gain access. Do not allow anybody else to use it. If you do allow others to use your membership card, we may terminate your membership contract. Card replacements may be subject to charge.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges of the type of membership chosen If you have a peak, full access membership, you can use the facilities at any time, subject to opening times. Last entry to any facility is thirty minutes prior to closing. Clients/members using services not included within their membership or package may be required to pay for the service at an additional charge.
4. To qualify for any reduced rates, you must show the correct and current proof of identification.
5. Membership is personal and non-transferable.
6. Cancellation of your membership can be completed with a minimum of 15 days notice.
13. Memberships may be cancelled by giving 15 days’ notice once you have fulfilled your minimum contractual period required.
14. For monthly direct debit memberships, you are required to make at least 1 full monthly payment before you can request cancellation.
15. Cancellation of the live direct debit between the user and FTG may result in membership benefits being revoked.
16. Freezing your membership is available for a period of 1 – 3 months where any package / subscription has and expiry date. Memberships must be frozen for a minimum period of 1 month unless possible due to package type to freeze for less. In which case the minimum time would 2 weeks.
17. The Freeze option can only be used on three separate occasions.
18. Whist your membership is frozen, a Direct Debit will not be taken but you must ensure your Direct Debit is still active.
19. You will not be able to take advantage of any of the benefits of your membership whilst on freeze and If you wish to use the facilities, you will be charged the non-member rate.
20. Where courses or a series of bookings are secured over a series of consecutive days or weeks freezing may not be possible and a refund may not be possible.
21. All activities and memberships must be paid for before attending.
22. Additional charges may apply to access facilities or activities that are not included in your chosen membership type. If you book onto something that is excluded from your chosen membership, you agree to pay the appropriate charge. Prebooked activities that are unpaid may be removed without notice or you may be refused access.
23. ‘Upfront’ memberships are non-refundable. We will automatically cancel your membership at the end of the term unless you choose to renew it. If your membership expires you will lose the right to your previous price guarantee.
24. If you book an activity or a class and fail to attend or cancel without giving the appropriate notice, you may be charged and/or have any advance booking rights removed. We would ask that you notify us as per our cancellation policy. To register your attendances, see reception.
25. If you breach the membership rules or site rules KAL reserves the right to terminate your membership.
26. Age restrictions may apply. KAL fitness classes are for 16 years and over, unless specified.
27. Members are requested to leave the facilities with enough time to enable you to use the showering and changing facilities if desired and to leave the site premises punctually at the time of closing.
28. All sites will close at the advertised closing time.
29. We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for PR or promotional purposes unless highlighted by you otherwise
30. There may be occasions where we close all or part of the site. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place unless the problem is urgent or in an emergency. During periods of this instance memberships are non refundable unless at the discretion of management however extended use of the facility after contract expiration may be considered by management.
40. We may make reasonable changes to the KAL terms and conditions at any time you can view the updated terms and conditions at www.ftgym.net
41. By accessing the facilities and using the equipment, you are deemed to have read and understood the membership terms and conditions. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time.
Standards of Behaviour 43. You will follow any reasonable instructions given by our staff. You will not swear at, or act in any way towards those members/visitors, which our staff may consider as offensive, abusive, or inappropriate.
44. You will use all equipment and facilities in our sites with reasonable care. You will not mistreat any equipment or facilities or use equipment/facilities other than for the purpose for which they are intended. Please put all equipment back to the correct place after use.
45. If you are unsure at any time as to how to use any piece of equipment, you must seek advice from a qualified member of our staff before you use it.
46. It is essential that appropriate exercise clothing and shoes are worn whilst exercising. If you choose to wear garments for religious beliefs, which we deem to be unsafe for exercise then we cannot be held responsible for any resulting accident or injury. We ask you to wear clean, tidy, non-offensive gym attire. We don’t allow you to train in attire such as jeans, workwear, boots, flip flops or sandals.
47. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited in all areas of the gym. Any member found to be in breach of this rule may have their membership terminated.
48. Members must not cause damage to the premises and/or another member’s property. You will be liable for any damage caused to the equipment or facilities through your negligent use.
50. You must agree to a Health Statement before using the site. You are accepting full responsibility that you are fit to train and FTG will not accept any responsibility for the member using the facilities.
51. On joining FTG, we offer all our members an induction to
instruct you on the safe use of the gym equipment. We strongly advise you to undertake this. This can be booked via reception. You are declining an induction at your own risk.
52. Bags, coats, jackets, or anything, which is considered a trip hazard, are not to be taken onto the gym floor or into the studios. Lockers are provided for this.
53. Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis.
54. Cancelling a class is to be done 12 hours prior to the class beginning.
55. Please only book classes that you know you will be attending. Booking spaces “in case” is preventing other customers from attending their preferred classes. You can book and cancel classes via our app.
56. Please arrive at least five minutes before the activity start time. If you do not arrive before the start of the session, we reserve the right to re-allocate your space to another customer.
57. FTG review the viability of all its activities and classes and may add, change, or remove classes as required. These changes are usually made on a quarterly basis or during periods of traditionally lower attendance. FTG may also make changes to class venues or instructors where location or instructor availability means this is required or for any other reason. Occasionally, we may need to cancel an activity at short notice due to instructor availability or low number attendance.
Lockers and lost and found property
58. Lockers are provided for you to store your belongings for the duration of your workout. Lockers will be emptied at night and members’ items removed to lost property. FTG cannot be held responsible for any items removed from lockers.
59. Do not leave items unattended or in an un-locked locker.
60. FTG will retain any items removed from lockers for a maximum of 10 days. If you do not collect your belongings within this period, your belongings will be donated to charity.
61. Members are solely responsible for their belongings whilst attending site. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property and advise you not to bring valuables into the gym.
62. FTG endeavors to return items handed into the lost property, however, we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage; items will be kept for no longer than 10 days.
63. Only Personal training sessions previously booked through reception can be delivered on site. Anyone found to be training others whilst avoiding this process may have their membership terminated.